Little Bits Of Daily Living

Friday, January 24, 2014

Too blessed to be stressed!!‏



I sometimes lie in bed and start making a mental list of everything I have to do, and that itself is exhausting!! Do you do does mental notes too? It's sometimes 2 in the morning and I get up to write all these things down on my organizer. Otherwise I will be afraid that by morning all my great ideas will "puff" not be remembered. I will toss and turn and next thing you know I didn't get a good night sleep.

 Today I get to clean the house.

Today I get to do laundry.

Today I get to go to the grocery store and buy food and cook for my family.

Today I get to finish organizing the guest room, and things that need to be done around the house.


How often do we gripe and moan about the chores we have to do, the piles of work we have, the errands we have to run? It makes me feel guilty with all the sad stories you hear around, people without jobs, people without money to buy food, or worse people who don't get to feel the warmth of a home.


I am so blessed to have a house that needs cleaning. To have clothes that need washing. To have a family that needs feeding. I'm thankful for this day and for the work that lies ahead. I'm thankful for the ability to do all of the things that need to be done.



Whatever you get to do today, I hope you have a great day.  And even though we get obstacles along the way, let's remember to be thankful!



2 comments:

Ilhana said...

Great posting hun. I was think about this the other day when my daughter wouldn't eat something because she didn't feel like it and I tried to explain that the children in Africa don't have anything to eat ... We really underestimate what we have...

Jill said...

It's nice to see someone remembering to be thankful for all of the 'little things' in life! i love seeing this! it brings a smile to my face! Every day I wake up an i am thankful for all of the small things that surround me! :)